$25K in Drugs Seized, One Person in Custody
FREDERICK, Md. (July 17, 2021) – At approximately 9 a.m., on Friday, July 16, members of the Frederick High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) group executed a search and seizure warrant in the 200 block of Wintergreen Lane, Brunswick, Maryland. The successful raid led to the arrest of Wendanna Monique King, age 29, of Brunswick, along with the seizure of more than $25,000 in drugs.
The investigation, led by Detective Tommy Jesson of the Brunswick Police Department, stemmed from complaints of drug activity at the residence. Upon entry into the residence, investigators discovered that the residence was a “one stop shop” for marijuana, marijuana wax, marijuana (THC) cartridges and various other marijuana edibles. In the basement of the residence, investigators discovered a room converted into a “cooking/manufacturing” lab for marijuana wax.
The search led to the seizure of the following:
- 792 grams marijuana
- 220 grams marijuana wax
- 650 grams marijuana edibles
- 204 marijuana (THC) cartridges
- 135.5 grams Psilocybin Mushrooms
- 4.9 grams cocaine
- 62 pills (suspected oxycodone/ Fentanyl)
- $2,836.00 in US Currency
- 9mm Springfield Arms handgun with loaded magazine
- 9mm Sentry Arms 9mm handgun
Deputies transported King to the Frederick County Adult Detention Center and her charges include:
- Did use/possess magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in commission of a felony to wit PWID Schedule II narcotic
- Did use/possess firearm in commission of a felony.
- Drug trafficking crime, possess firearm
- Possession of controlled dangerous substance, schedule II Oxycodone hydrochloride
- Possession of controlled dangerous substance, schedule I psilocybin mushrooms
- Possession with intent to distribute oxycodone hydrochloride narcotic
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule I psilocybin mushrooms
- Manufacturer controlled dangerous substance, marijuana wax (thc)
- Possession of paraphernalia
- Manufacturer controlled dangerous substance, marijuana wax, within 1,000 feet of school. (Brunswick High School)
The investigation is ongoing and additional charges are pending.
“This investigation would not have been successful without the efforts of all of the supporting agencies,” said Lt. Sedat Caliskan, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Investigation Section commander. “The Brunswick Police Department and HIDTA partners are committed to combatting the illegal possession and distribution of illegal narcotics in Frederick County.”
Anyone wanting to report information or tips related to the illegal use/distribution of drugs should call 301-600-7180; report anonymously at 301-600-1318, or through email at email@example.com.
The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) is a full-service law enforcement agency; an arm of the court, and a keeper of offenders. In this regard, it exists to serve the more than 250,000 citizens of Frederick County with respect, fairness, and compassion. FCSO is committed to the prevention of crime; the protection of life and property; the preservation of peace and order; the enforcement of laws and ordinances; the safeguarding of constitutional guarantees; and safekeeping of prisoners. The men, women, and officers of this office nurture public trust by holding themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethics. The FCSO is located at 110 Airport Drive East, Frederick, MD, 21701. Visit www.frederickcosheriff.com for more information.